Gina L. Prigoff, Ph.D.
Contact me: 901-268-4964
Sessions are by appointment only
Psychological Services for Individual & Group Therapy
For most mental health issues and life circumstances, group therapy is as effective - if not more effective - than individual therapy! Although it may seem scary or intimidating to think about sharing your thoughts and feelings with others in a safe and confidential group setting, the benefits quickly outweigh the initial reservations of joining. Benefits of therapy groups include:
- Groups foster an authentic connection with others with similar issues and concerns
- Groups focus on developing new skills under the guidance of a professional therapist
- Groups are powerful for individuals of any age, race, religion or gender identity
- Groups offer a safe place to find your voice
- Groups build a sense of community and help people feel less alone
- Groups help to build social skills such as conflict resolution, listening and empathic support
- Groups can be more cost effective than individual therapy
These types of groups focus on a specific topic or skill set to be learned. They are offered as a series of 8 - 12 weekly sessions. Examples of past groups Dr. Prigoff has led include:
- Healing Attachment Wounds
- Family-of-Origin Dynamics in the Workplace
- Alternative Therapeutic Modalities - a sampling of various types of healing therapies
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Stress Reduction
- Building Self Compassion and Reducing Shame
- Grieving the Loss of a Loved One
- Telling Our Stories - Narrative Group Therapy
- Getting Out of Toxic Relationships
- Re-Parenting Your Inner Child
- Connecting with Others - How to Build and Deepen Relationships
- Consultation & Process Group for Early Career Mental Health Therapists
Interpersonal Process Groups
These types of groups are weekly, on-going, and interpersonally-focused. Participants share their struggles and concerns with each other, guided by a therapist. The power of process groups lies in the unique opportunity to receive multiple perspectives, support, encouragement and feedback from other individuals in a safe and confidential environment.
General Information about Dr. Prigoff's groups:
- Group participants are screened in advance to determine the best group fit
- Groups include a maximum of 8 participants (over age 21)
- Groups can be in-person (in the East Memphis office) or online on weekdays (days or evenings)
- Dr. Prigoff can create a group curriculum according to participant interests
- Group fees vary according to the type of group and range from $70 to $85 per group session. Discounts are available if the fee for the entire psycho-educational series is paid in advance.
Please use the link below to let Dr. Prigoff know what types of groups you would be interested in joining! We will also keep you updated on upcoming new groups.
Now accepting clients for Therapy Groups! Please complete the contact form below!